Wednesday, January 2, 2008

BracketBusters

For those of you who are interested in the ESPN BracketBuster matchups, I performed a little exercise. The beauty of the RPI Forecast methodology is that not only can you forecast the RPI at the end of the season, you can predict it for any future date.

With that in mind, I decided to provide a forecast of what it will look like on February 3, 2008. That is the date that the powers that be will get together to decide the initial parings for the Bracket Buster matchups. I'm fairly certain that the RPI is only a very small factor in those decisions, with money (TV ad revenues) being the largest. Nevertheless, records and RPIs are likely to have some influence on the decision.

Anyhow, here is the page with the teams sorted by RPI Forecast (for February 3) and separated into the 50 home teams and 50 road teams so that you can make your own predictions. Enjoy:

http://www.rpiforecast.com/bb.html

I will NOT be updating that particular page daily. If I make any futher updates, I'll make it known.

EDIT: The page temporarily reverted to one that I had from last season. It has now been fixed.

No comments: